- ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE FLUG COLLAB WILL GET A "FLUG COLLAB 2011" MEDAL
Wikipedia on Flug: http://martin2k.co.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Flug_The_Slug
This is the theme tune LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvS8KJkxa3I
Flug Chronicles/Stories/Legacy/Tales/etc. (Name to be decided later)
With everybody seriously keen on doing this collaboration, I'm moving the discussion of the project away from Eric's thread and into this thread.
I'm still in the middle of thinking up how this is going to work, so expect to see this post change over time, but for now I would definitely like to get some discussion going to see who's in and what concepts they're thinking of tackling. So, the purpose of this project is to have all interested parties submit their own rendition of the Flug series, which would then be compiled all together into one larger product that hopefully we can all be proud of. Now, as John has said, there's absolutely no limit to the theme, so feel free to explore whatever story/environments/gameplay mechanics you desire as it'll make the final product all the more interesting.
The ground rules really at the moment are:
1) You're in charge of your own creation, so story/art/engine is all up to your imagination.
2) As this is a Flug collaboration, the only limit is that it must be recognizable as a Flug game. You could probably play around with the original sprites and fix them up to better fit the style of your game if John doesn't deem it sacrilege, although if he made a wanking Flug sprite I doubt he'll mind. Just don't do what someone did a while back by making a game that's Flug in name only.
Now, the real concern is the scope of everybody's games and the deadline. Sadly, we've had a bit of a bad reputation for participation/meeting deadlines in past collabs - and this is something I'd like to see as many people participate as possible - hence why I want to get a bit of discussion going before I finalize the details. I liked Matty's idea of doing 10 frames, and if people don't feel hindered by such a limit then that may work. It shouldn't be so small that you feel like you're only fulfilling a fraction of your vision, but small enough that you can actually complete it by a certain deadline.
And now, let's get collaborating. If you're not opposed to sharing your ideas, you can mention them here. You don't have to go into detail, but at least if we have communication we could end up with a much more diverse product, as opposed to everybody just coming out with some Flug/Spudnik erotic fan-fiction or something.
I'll start: I was thinking of tackling some kind of horror elements with the Flug name. Can't say too much beyond that at the moment though.
FLUG THE SLUG: UNTITLED COLLAB!
Guidelines: This is just about it...
- 1. Screen Size
- 1. Controls
- Jump with Fire Button 1 (or w.e it is). All controls to be done in the same fashion.
- 2. Menus and stuff
- No using the mouse. If you have a main menu the player must use arrow keys to select an option. Sorry.
Members Involved: this section will be updated with individuals projects etc
- Ringlord - Has Made A Story Lol
- Hoj - Flug Warped
- E-man - Flug Laaaaa
- Jag9 - Flug Fusion
- Svart likdöd helvete - Paper Flug
- Xela - Untitled Pirate Thing
- Craymen - Flug In Mexico
- Sumo - ?
BB Code for signature If you want to show your support/involvement
- Code: Select all
Part of the [color=#FFBF00][b]Flug Collab[/b][/color]![url=http://www.martin2k.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1385][img]http://www.martin2k.co.uk/forums/styles/hestia/imageset/fluggy.png[/img][/url]