I really think having a functional awards system like that, with different awards and such, would be a great feature.
Personally I think it would allow for so much more activity on the forums.
Hell, people kinda obsessed over the level rank, so it seems apparent that members like a reward system, and awards for little competitions and collaborations could really kickstart things. At least I assume.
Now, I've been looking at some different forum styles, and it seems you can go into your profile and switch styles at will, since there is a list to choose from. Though right now it's only the default "prosilver".
I've been thumbing through a few of them, maybe some of them can be considered?Skyblue
- Looks fairly close to the old M2K style, save for a cutesy vine on the banner, but perhaps that can be easily removed.ProNight
- A balanced dark style for those of us who can't take the strain of such a bright white forum. x|polyethylene
- Bold icons and a balanced constast. Reminds me a bit of the SilverLight (I think that was it's name) skin from the old forum.subsilver
- Small icons and a very organized look. Perfect for a simple, yet effective look. Uses soft blue and white, and doesn't have as much strain as the current skin.Hestia
- Another simple and organized forum look. Perhaps the most modernly professional looking.Hestia Blue
- Same thing as above, but with a traditional M2K blue.RedSilver
- A change of spin with a balances of red and silver, obviously. With very clear icons and posts. Reminds me a bit of the department store Target. lolFLOWERSSSSS!!!
There you go, all of those...maybe with the exception of the last one, are the ones I think are perhaps the best to go with. Nothing too fancy, but nothing too bland, just enough to give people a variance they may soon cry for. =]