You can look at the properties of any page and the file.
There are two ways to show the Page Properties:
- Choose 'Page Properties...' (Ctrl+F11) from the 'File' menu
- Right-click on the page and choose 'Properties...'
The Page Properties contain the following items:
- The page's icon
- The page's name (also on the window caption) (editable)
- Type - the page's format
- Size - the size of the page in bytes
- Page number
- Background colour - the background colour of the page. The default
colour is -2147483643. The two buttons allow you to change the
background colour and to set it back to the default colour. For plain text and HTML pages, this part is
- Created - the date and time when the document was created
- Modified - the date and time the when the document was last edited
- Comments - shows further comments for the page (editable). The word
'Comments' can be changed in the Options.
- Page source - shows the rich text code for rich text pages, the actual
text for plain text or the HTML source for HTML pages. This box is not
there when you are looking at the properties for pictures, sounds and files.
Click on OK to save any changes you have made to the page's name, colour or
Comments. Click Cancel to close the dialog box without saving.
There are two ways to show the File Properties:
- Choose 'File Properties...' (Ctrl+F5) from the 'File' menu
- Right-click on a blank space of the page window and choose 'Properties...'
The File Properties contain the following items:
- The NoteBook icon
- The file's description (also on the window caption) (editable)
- Size - the size of the file in bytes
- Pages - the number of pages in the file
- Author - the name of the person who created the file
- Last saved by - the name of the person who last saved the file
- Filename - shows the filename if the file has been saved
- MS_DOS Filename - shows the MS-DOS filename if the file has been saved
- Accessed - shows when the file was last accessed
- Created - shows when the file was last created
- Modified - shows when the file was last modified
- File configuration - shows how the file is configured
Click on OK if you have made changes to the file's description or Cancel to
lose any changes and close the File Properties.
Martin Allen 2001 - 2008, 2010 - 2011