Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /homepages/14/d34044229/htdocs/vb6/exes/mm_info.php on line 9
Warning: include(http://www.martin2k.co.uk/title.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /homepages/14/d34044229/htdocs/vb6/exes/mm_info.php on line 9
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.martin2k.co.uk/title.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/14/d34044229/htdocs/vb6/exes/mm_info.php on line 9
Multi Media Player Information
When a file has finished playing, the Media Player's PlayStateChange event is
called. In this event, the selected ListItem is moved on to the next item and
that is the next file that is played.
The ListView control has three columns. The first is called display,
which is what you see in the list. For example, you might see 'TOWN.MID'
for the file 'C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\TOWN.MID'. As you know, there are three
different ways to view files in this program. The second column contains
the filename, so that the media player knows what file to play regardless of
what is shown in the list. The third column contains a flag to say whether
the file has played in random mode or not to stop files in random mode playing
twice. It is either one of two states - "" (empty string), which
means that the file hasn't played yet or "1", which means the file has
played in random mode.
The Multi Media Player has 5 forms
- The first one is a file dialog that I built myself to allow the adding of
many files to the main list. I made it because I wasn't happy with the way
in which this could be done with the dialogs you are meant to use with
- The second one allows you to choose a colour for the background as well as
a picture, which can either be tiled or not.
- The third one is the main form.
- The fourth one is the Search form, where you can check what file types you
want to search for. You can also specify what path the search in the
ComboBox. The paths are saved in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB
and VBA Program Settings\Martin Allen\MM\RecentSearchLoc) and can be deleted
with the 'Clear history' button.
- The fifth form has no title bar and you can move it by dragging any part
of it. This has been done using the 'ReleaseCapture' and 'SendMessageA' API
functions. You can control all the playing functions on the main form with
the controls on this form.
This program uses 9 ActiveX controls
- Allen OCX - used to keep the fifth form above other windows and to check
if files exist.
- Configuration File - used to read and process 'Search Files'. See the help
file for what these are.
- Directory Dialog 2 - shows the folder dialog box for the fourth form.
- File Search - searches for files.
- Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 (SP3) - for the 'Color' dialog box for
the second form and for the file dialog boxes.
- Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP4) - has the ListView control for
the main list.
- Run OCX - used to start the default e-mail program when 'Submit
feedback...' is chosen from the 'Help' menu.
- Soft Button Control - for the buttons on the fifth form.
- Windows Media Player - used to play the multi media files.
Martin Allen 1999 - 2003. Last updated Wednesday 19 February 2003 07:31:18 PM -0000.